Re: Nikki and the Robots – where is it stuck?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 26.09.2012, 17:26 +0200 schrieb Sönke Hahn:
> > Maybe the Chipmunk callbacks are broken?
> > [reorder...]
> > If you, Söhnke, cannot reproduce it then it might be a library version
> > issue. This is libchipmunk 5.3.4-1 here.
>
> We use the version of chipmunk that ships with the current Hipmunk
> package, which is 5.3.5. So this could be a chipmunk bug. If I get to
> it, I will try to build Hipmunk with chipmunk-5.3.4-1 to confirm this.
> Maybe someone on debian could try out the 5.3.5 version? (By using
> Hipmunk from hackage.)

I looked at the diffs in the Haskell bindings on
http://hdiff.luite.com/cgit/Hipmunk/ – nothing likely due to this
version difference. If anything, then in Chipmunk.

Here is the relevant Changelog of Chipmunk:

+CHANGES SINCE 5.3.4
+* FIX: Fixed spelling of cpArbiterGetDepth(). Was cpArbiteGetDepth() before. Apparently nobody ever used this function.
+* FIX: Added defines for M_PI and M_E. Apparently these values were never part of the C standard math library. Who knew!?
+* FIX: Added a guard to cpBodyActivate() so that it's a noop for rouge bodies.
+* FIX: Shape queries now work with (and against) sensor shapes.
+* FIX: Fixed an issue where removing a collision handler while a separate() callback was waiting to fire the next step would cause crashes.
+* FIX: Fixed an issue where the default callback would not be called for sensor shapes.
+* FIX: Resetting or applying forces or impulses on a body causes it to wake up now.
+* MISC: Added a check that a space was not locked when adding or removing a callback.
+* MISC: Removed cpmalloc from the API and replaced all occurences with cpcalloc
+* MISC: Added a benchmarking mode to the demo app. -trial runs it in time trial mode and -bench makes it run some benchmarking demos.

The last of the FIX issue sounds like it could be related to our
problem.

Paul, Chipmunk is under the Game Team’s control. How about a 5.3.5
upload to experimental?

(Actually, I can first test whether it helps by just building hipmunk
locally with the embedded Chipmunk copy. But not now.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner