Getting FCEUX into Debian

Hello,

I have for some time been trying to get FCEUX into Debian. FCEUX is a
very capable NES emulator. It is the official successor to the long
dead FCEU project; therefore I include a transition package and build
upon the fceu source package, to offer a natural upgrade path for
current users.

The approach I have been using so far in achieving this is sending new
packaged versions of FCEUX to Joe Nahmias <jello@debian.org>, who is
the current maintainer of fceu. He seems to be very busy nowadays, and
I have not been able achieve anything with this approach. So my
question is, is there any alternative approach to getting FCEUX into
Debian than doing this through the current maintainer of the package?
For example, finding some other sponsor?

The current version of my source package can be found at
http://mentors.debian.net/package/fceu , and the actual files are at
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fceu/ . I have also
notified Joe about this new version I released today; we will see if
that could have any effect.

Regards, Alexander Toresson