Re: vavoom, updated version

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 17:00 -0300, gustavo panizzo wrote:

> Whoa! that is a review :)

Indeed.

I'm subscribed, no need to CC me.

> i've contacted, in private, upstream about licensing, but they don't reply my emails.
> i will cc d-d-g to see if i get a better response

Ok.

> i didn't know that tool, and many others you mention. thanks

It is worth reading through the list of scripts in devscripts and also
reading the Debian social contract, maint-guide, developers-reference
and debian-policy documents.

> this is my first public debian package, i didn't want to mess with VCS
> at the same time.
> i'm playing with VCS for my next pkg uhexen

Fair enough.

> will do both

Great.

> i was wrinting an email to d-d-g and d-mentors asking for advice.
> i see 3 ways to fix it,
>
> - disable vavoom on hurd
> after all, most hurd installs are on VM, no much gain on running a
> game there
>
> - define the macro PATH_MAX
> easy, but is not really a fix
>
> - replace the macro with a function, as is recomended by hurd folks
> i'm not a C expert, so it might take a while and can be buggy
>
> after some thinking, i choose the third option

Yes, please choose the third option. You can get the Hurd folks to
review the patch for correctness too.

> FTP master agrees with it. is not the first doom engine, and game i
> guess, with non-free recommends. anyway non-free is not default so if
> you are using defaults you won't get any of these stuff

Hmmm, ok. I guess I interpret policy differently.

> > W: vavoom source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.2 (current is 3.9.3)
> that went out btw the upload and the build, i miss it

Yeah, the policy update is very recent.

> i will fix the duplicate manpages, and the missing.

Cool.

> i don't like the idea to mess that much with upstream source

Fair enough, please at least report the issues upstream.

> thanks again for you deep review, i appreciate it

No probs.

--
bye,
pabs