Re: supertuxkart 0.7.3

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Tobias Hansen <thansen@debian.org> wrote:
> If it's a bug in irrlicht, you can find the patch in the irrlicht svn. If

Uhmm, thanks? Especially after tagging #677609 and #679837 with
'help', I was hoping for something a bit more detailed/specific...

> the problem is supertuxkart expecting irrlicht 1.8, this has to be fixed in
> supertuxkart.

Some background info:

I was told that supertuxkart 0.7.3 was compatible with irrlicht 1.7.3
at first (I would provide a link, but upstream has now changed that to
irrlicht svn r3843), and worked with upstream [1] to fix it when I
found out that wasn't completely true. A hour or two of play-testing
supertuxkart didn't result in any weird crashes/segfaults (I have no
idea how I missed #679837 in retrospect), so I uploaded it to the
archives. After a few weeks(?), #677609 was reported (and I eventually
managed to reproduce it myself somehow), followed by LP: #1011180, LP:
#1048284, LP: #1049398, LP: #1061436, LP: #1064019, LP: #1069871, and
perhaps a few more I missed, and upstream's response was to direct
users to the static binary distributed on their website. And upstream
is now working on forking irrlicht to some degree to ensure that
distros use the embedded copy of irrlicht when building supertuxkart
[2].

Regards,
Vincent

[1] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/supertuxkart/ticket/628