Re: upload guidelines and used of DELAYED queue

On 05.11.2012 17:28, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed no mention of using the DELAYED queue in the upload guidelines¹,
> but it was brought up a few times in the discussions around the vote²³,
> with consensus being that use of DELAYED was a suitable interpretation
> of 'wait 5 days'.
>
> Therefore, I've revised the wiki page accordingly.

Hi Jon and everyone,

I think this

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

should also be mentioned somewhere on the guidelines page. I guess most
of the contributors aren't DDs or DMs and they would appreciate a clear
hint where they can find someone who uploads their packages.

I've followed Juhanis efforts to fix some bugs in the neverball package
and i think he abode by the book. He did exactly the right thing.
Nevertheless the first reaction on mentors was scepticism and rejection
when he tried to find a sponsor at mentors.

So please also make clear that new contributors shall mention the post
on the mailing list when they receive the O.K. For example in Juhani's
case tolimar, one of the uploaders of neverball, told him "upload as you
wish". This should be more than enough.

I've edited http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Policy a little so others will
hopefully find the "Guidelines".

I also think it's better to point out that the games team is
understaffed and finding a sponsor for the package outside the team is
almost a rule.

Btw except gm-assistant and neverball every package link on

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

is broken. I would clean up there myself but i feel like a DD should
give a potential sponsoree at least some kind of feedback.

Regards,

Markus