Re: Nikki and the Robots – where is it stuck?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 01:32:31PM +0200, Sönke Hahn wrote:
> >> We are not planning to create a tarball with "cabal sdist", we use
> >> "darcs dist". Cabal expects the .cabal-file to be in the top level
> >> directory, but we can't put it there, because we use multiple cabal
> >> files (one for our binary deployment (in src/), one for the debian
> >> deployment (in src/rootInstall/), one for the testsuite (in
> >> src/testsuite), etc.). So this is a wontfix from our perspective.
> >
> > Hmm, is cabal not flexible enough to be able to do everything from one file?
>
> Hmm, I think theoretically this could be possible. But I don't think
> it's trivial and there is probably little else to be gained from that.
> (Other than getting rid of these warnings.)

I don't know what "debian deployment" means, but it should be trivial
to put the test suite in the main file unless you are doing something
strange:

http://www.haskell.org/cabal/users-guide/developing-packages.html#test-suites

Then `cabal test` would work.