Re: IRC meeting of games team

On 11/22/11 04:31, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 09:01:27AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> That said, Ben Armstrong was working on games LiveCD stuff so maybe you
>> could ask him to switch away from that to the games tasks and generate
>> the LiveCD from the tasks.
>>
>> LiveCD stuff:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Live
>
> I think Ben is perfectly aware of the Blends idea.  I have no idea why
> he does not use this stuff.

I took Bruno Kleinert's config for debian-live and cleaned it up so that
it would work with current live-build. Of course it would be fine to
switch to using the blend games tasks and trivial to do.

Mind you, live-build has changed a bit since my last commit, so I should
ensure it works with the latest release in sid (though I've been hoping
#622838 would be solved so I could rip out the hack around it before
proceeding ... at the very least, that workaround must be changed now as
I describe at the bottom of this bug thread). So if we're going to push
forward with the blend and merge it with my games-live work, let me know
and I'll fix it up.

By the way, I'm not particularly interested in the selection and
maintenance of particular games to include in such an image. My sole
contribution here is as an expert with live-build. But I think the way
things are set up now, with Games/Blends and Games/Live being separate
projects (and repositories) is perfectly compatible. Those who care
about the development of games tasks can do so and not worry about the
live stuff, and those who care about the live technology can work on
that and have one less thing to worry about -- taking care of the
list(s) of games. So, win/win. :)

Ben