Re: RFS: amoebax Puyo Puyo-style puzzle game for up to two players

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 at 18:11:58 -0700, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/ogg.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/vorbis.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> data/dlls/vorbisfile.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/zlib1.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> data/dlls/libpng12.dll

These are a waste of space, and not really DFSG-compliant (since the source
isn't here, and we have no idea whether it's the same version as we distribute
in the relevant packages either)...

> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> data/dlls/SDL_mixer.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> data/dlls/SDL_image.dll
> P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/SDL.dll

... and these have the same problems and are additionally a license violation,
since the LGPL requires corresponding source, and the version in the relevant
Debian packages is unlikely to match what these were compiled from.

(Many/most game upstreams do this, unfortunately - blame the sad state of
Windows build environments...)

I'd recommend repacking the "orig" tarball to remove all of data/dlls, to get
rid of these and any other problem DLLs that might appear in future versions.
As a side bonus, you (well, your sponsor) won't have to upload so much :-)