Re: [Q] are there standard ways in debian game team?

Sorry for my late resopnse,

2011-02-18  Scott Howard wrote
>  There will probably not be
> much support with bug fixes, and you may effectively become the
> upstream and be responsible for including community patches to your
> code.

I see.Becoming the upstream is new for me.

> >  [Q2] The upstream release much newer version,but no one can contact to
> > package maintener still now (for long time), should people do next to
> > make newer package?
>
> For non-team maintained packages, see [1], which is generally used for
> bug fixing versions, not really entirely new versions.
(snip)
> If the package is a team maintained package, and your new versions is
> sponsored by a member of the team (in a why the follows team rules),
> you can do a team upload [3] of the new version. I don't know if the
> games team has any explicit rule on when you can or cannot do a team
> upload, but if you are open and transparent with no objections from
> team members, it probably is acceptable to update a package to a new
> version as a team upload. Simple games will probably be allowed, but
> libraries probably need more discussion and coordination.
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu
> [2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA
> [3] http://wiki.debian.org/TeamUpload

Thank you for the detailed explanations.I understood very well.
MIA and Team Upload are completely new to me.

> >  [Q3] If a open source game has some modules which is included unclear
> > about free or not,should I do next to make debian package?
>
> You can discuss details of the license here, or on
> debian-legal@lists.debian.org. Also, see [4, 5], someone may have
> already looked into the problem. If the license truly is a problem,
> you can see if it is eligible for contrib or non-free repositories, or
> try to remove the offending module (and possibly replace it with a
> free module).
>
> [4] http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Suggested
> [5] http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Unsuitable

I see. If I hit such situations,I will consider replace with a free
module.

> >  [Q4] If people uploads new game package to alioth and asks for the
> > sponsor in debian mentor group,but no one responds still now, he/she
> > should do next?
>
> See Debian games team's sponsorship info at [6, 7].

I see. I will also consider of Debian games team's sponsorship.

Anyway ,I reported your answer to local Debian community. They ( also
me) said thanks to you. I also say thank you.

---
 Nozzy