Re: IRC meeting of games team

[Paul, I take the freedom to answer you in public - hope you are fine with this]

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 09:01:27AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 15:59 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > However, I'd like to remind you about the plan to work on the tasks files.
>
> Please send a mail to the list about it.

Done.

> Personally I think the team is barely able to keep up with its existing
> activities so the tasks stuff is probably not something anyone will have
> time to work on.

IMHO this is a pretty weak argument.  Once you uploaded package XY to
new just adding a single line to a tasks file saying

  Depends: XY

This time is very well spent considering that the gain is a very simple
way to show the world what you are doing.  And you also get a QA tool for
free.

> That said, Ben Armstrong was working on games LiveCD stuff so maybe you
> could ask him to switch away from that to the games tasks and generate
> the LiveCD from the tasks.
>
> LiveCD stuff:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Live

I think Ben is perfectly aware of the Blends idea.  I have no idea why
he does not use this stuff.

> Ideas for blends I wrote:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Blends

Why I in principle like this idea I personally prefer the evolutionary
approach to start from something simple and develop to something more
complex.  So if some of you would start with

  svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/games/trunk/debian-games

and turns it into one of Pauls suggestions (instead of approaching all
suggestions) it could perfectly fit the time capacity you might have.  I
prepared the stuff to enable you tweaking it - it is not that I think it
is currently good - it should be made good and it is just a good start
to work on this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--