Re: RFS: amoebax Puyo Puyo-style puzzle game for up to two players

2011/7/24 Wences René Arana Fuentes <aranaX@debian.org.gt>:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "amoebax".
>
>  Package name    : amoebax
>  Version         : 0.2.1-1
>  Upstream Author :  Emma's Software
>  URL             :  http://www.emma-soft.com/games/amoebax/download.html
>  License         : GPL-2
>  Section         : games
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> amoebax    - Puyo Puyo-style puzzle game for up to two players
> amoebax-data - Data files for amoebax

> The upload would fix these bugs: 588654
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: To contribute more to
> the Debian Project, and start helping out on the Debian Games team.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/amoebax/amoebax_0.2.1-1.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Wences Arana
>
> --
> Wences Arana
> nacido para ser libre
> Debian FTW
> 9455 B304 491E 1165 43C8  1B34 8678 4112 D3AC 9B13
>

> --

Hi,

I'm not a DD so I can't sponsor your package, but I've taken a look at
your packaging and hope that the following comments can help you
improve it.

- The URL in the format-spec field doesn't work, and is also outdated
(DEP-5's latest revision is 174). config-edit raises an issue with
your copyright file:
$ config-edit -application dpkg-copyright -ui none
File of type  has a syntax error in configuration file:
	DpkgSyntax error: Invalid line 162 (missing ':' ?) : This program is
free software; you can redistribute it

- licensecheck reports that several of the source code files in src/*
mention an incorrect FSF address in their GPL headers. Consider asking
upstream to fix this.

- You have 3 separate patches in debian/patches/, but
debian/patches/series only includes 2 of them. If this is intentional,
consider removing the unneeded patch.

- debian/watch doesn't work.
$ uscan --report-status
uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
  http://www.emma-soft.com/games/amoebax/download/ failed: 404 Not Found

- I'd suggest adding a versioned dependency on amoebax-data for
amoebax, e.g. amoebax-data (= ${binary:Version}).

- Why does amoebax explicitly depend on zlib1g(>=1.2),
libpng12-0(>=1.2.44), libogg0(>=1.2), libvorbis0a(>=1.3.1) in
debian/control? Doesn't ${shlibs:Depends} do the job for you? If
${shlibs:Depends} isn't giving you the right dependencies, that needs
to be fixed.

- Your package is lintian clean, but not pedantically so. I personally
wouldn't worry about the following issues, but some DD's may ask you
to remove data/dlls/ before they sponsor your package.
$ lintian -I --pedantic amoebax_0.2.1-1_amd64.changes
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/ogg.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/vorbis.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
data/dlls/vorbisfile.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/zlib1.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
data/dlls/SDL_mixer.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
data/dlls/libpng12.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
data/dlls/SDL_image.dll
P: amoebax source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary data/dlls/SDL.dll
P: amoebax: no-upstream-changelog
P: amoebax-data: no-upstream-changelog

Once you've ready for the package to be reviewed again, don't forget
to add your package to the Debian games sponsors queue [1].

Kind regards,
- Vincent Cheng

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue