Re: RFS: assaultcube-data (updated package)

Hi,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.1.0.4+repacknot1-1
> of my package "assaultcube-data".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> assaultcube-data - data files for AssaultCube
> assaultcube-server-anticheat - AssaultCube server with closed source
> anti-cheat module
>
> The changes are:
> * Update manpages
>     - CC-BY-NC-SA (previous license was incorrect given content used)
>     - Few formatting fixes
>   * Update debian/copyright
>     - Note license of manpages
>     - "Files:" headers pointing at directory instead of license file.
>   * Update debian/rules to dh7 format
>   * New package: assaultcube-server-anticheat, installs upstream
> server binaries
>   * Create a wrapper script for the server with "--help" for manpage
>   * Don't repack anymore.

[...]

Thanks a lot for updating this package. Yet the new non-repacking leaves some
doubts to me:

- "Don't repack anymore." is a nice hint that something has changed, but yet it
  left me to find this out myself via the debdiff.
- Using "repacknot1" as version appears to be a cruel hack. Ideally we'd have a
  new upstream version that could be packaged, but if that doesn't happen
  soonish, we'll have to live with that hack. (Introducing an epoch doesn't seem
  like a better solution either...)
- Why do server binaries belong to a "data" package? Isn't that just a hack to
  avoid a new source package?
- The original license appears to disallow re-packaging/splitting, hence there
  must be some exclusive exception provided to Debian. This is, however, not
  detailed in the copyright file.

Best regards,
Michael