Re: RFS: angband (updated package, 2nd try)

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 13:13 +0100, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Despite my upload I'm slightly wondering whether you do have stronger ties with
> > the Debian Games team or not? It might be very worthwhile to join forces with
> > them and have future versions sponsored by them. That said,
> > pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.d.o appears to be the much more active list in that
> > area...

Michael - thank you SO much for taking the time to upload this. I had
given up hope of sponsorship for the package, and you have restored my
faith in Debian!

I am now the release manager for Angband 3.3.0 which is scheduled for
release in mid-July. After it's done, I will take you up on your kind
offer of mentoring on the package split so that 3.3.0 can be uploaded as
two linked lintian-clean packages. (The problem is simply that I
inherited the packaging and do not fully understand Manoj's scripts. I
am reluctant to repackage from scratch, but would be willing to do so.)

> pkg-games-devel is the bugs list, debian-devel-games is the discussion one.
>
> Chris, please come to our IRC meeting tomorrow or poke me or others on
> #debian-games, we would be more than happy to help you get involved
> further.
>
> Meeting info here:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Meetings/2011-06-26

Thanks both - I have already sort of joined the games team, including
attending the previous meeting and taking some actions (which I have
started but not completed). I will be able to join tomorrow's meeting at
around 11am UTC, but sadly will miss the beginning.

Many thanks again for reviving Angband in Debian,

Chris