Suggestion for Games Podcast

   Hi!

 First of all, someone REALLY should repsond to Jonathan about the This
Week in Debian podcast and do an interview with them on behalf of the
Games Team.  But this mail isn't about that podcast.

 I am rather thinking of something shorter and smaller: Short screencast
videos of about 5 minutes, explaining your favorite game. That should be
short enough to be able to get rid of the "no clue what I should talk
about for so long" anxiety, but still be long enough to fill it with
some deeper insight into the package at hand.

 I would like to have this as something like bi-weekly or such, we have
enough games at hands that could be covered. I guess I'll start to
experiment myself with istanbul soonishly for actually showing what I
have in mind, but I don't want to produce it all by myself. And I want
to have a specific youtube channel that will get filled with this stuff.

 If people have suggestions for other sites that make more sense than
youtube please drop that idea, too. I hope this will raise some interest
in our work, even if the aim is rather to focus on getting games known
instead of explaining packaging and team maintenance work (which we
could sneak in at some point in the future if it's received well).

 Also, I suggest to have some BoFs at debconf in the sense of "lightning
talks" that go the same direction: Short explenation of your favorite
games. This will help others to create the podcast material in case you
don't feel comfortable enough to do a podcast episode on your own.

 Hope this idea doesn't sound too crazy, and I hope that I won't be
alone with trying to fill the stream with data. :)

 Enjoy!
Rhonda