Re: Cannot upload package in sid to screenshots.debian.net ?

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:

> I understand the rational for non-free packages but why block contrib ?
> if the license of the screenshot is the same as the license of the
> software package, then the screenshots of contrib should be treated DFSG
> as well
>
> In the case of gnome-video-arcade, it displays a list of non-free
> software with their settings
>
> but I think I can just wait for the new server from the ubuntu guys :)

The problem with contrib is that often software in contrib depends on
stuff in non-free and the screenshots usually includes something from
the non-free stuff. non-free stuff can't be included in contrib so we
can't in general include such things inside Debian, such as in
games-thumbnails.  The same stuff about fair use applies for stuff in
contrib as for non-free for screenshots.d.n.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise