Re: RFS: alure (updated package)

Am 15.04.2011 02:10, schrieb Paul Wise:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Tobias Hansen
<Tobias.Hansen@physik.uni-hamburg.de>  wrote:

Paul Wise suggested it, referencing the Debian Library Packaging guide. He
also said it's no problem because no program in Debian is using alure yet.
I thought I said that libpkg-guide was wrong about library dev package names.

My comment about nothing using it was unrelated to that though.

Here's what you said:

(08:04:51) pabs: BigMc: since alure is a library, I suggest that you read libpkg-guide to get familiar with packaging libraries (08:05:23) pabs: libpkg-guide does recommend libfoo1-dev instead of libfoo-dev, which is against best practices (08:07:36) pabs: BigMc: nothing in Debian depends on alure yet, so you won't need to worry about any transition issues

libpkg-guide says both names are ok for Alure, but of course I believe you when you say it's against best practices.