game-data-packager and dependencies for individual games

Hi folks,

As more and more game support is added to
game-data-packager, the larger the Depends: list will grow.
If a user installs gdp for one game, they will have to
install some dependencies they do not need for the game
they are interested in.

For quake support, I need to use a non-free package: lha.
game-data-packager is already in contrib, but it is still
unpleasant to me to mandate the installation of a non-free
dependency for users who don't want quake support.

Therefore, I've made it a Suggests: only, and I explictly
look for lha in the quake code that needs it.

I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether
this was the right approach.

--
Jon Dowland