Re: RFS: 0ad

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Philip Taylor <excors@gmail.com> wrote:

> It can be created and parsed and rendered (but not modified) by the
> game engine. It used to be exported by a custom 3ds Max plugin but we
> no longer use that (we export to Collada since ~4 years ago). It's not
> designed to be a modifiable format, but it's not theoretically
> impossible to modify - there's a Python script at
> http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/461 to convert .pmd back into
> editable Collada format so it can be imported into e.g. Blender,
> though that currently only works for static meshes and not
> skeletally-animated ones.

I would suggest the the pmd files be removed from the source package
and replaced with the _source code_ (the form for modifying) for the
models and that the build scripts should convert them to the form used
by the engine.

> DejaVuSans.ttf, DejaVuSansMono.ttf, texgyrepagella-regular.otf,
> texgyrepagella-bold.otf are unmodified originals.

Best remove these and package the ones that aren't yet in Debian separately.

> ConvertedPagella-Regular.ttf, ConvertedPagella-Bold.ttf are
> non-original and derived from texgyrepagella-*. The original
> texgyrepagella-* are from
> http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre under the license
> http://www.gust.org.pl/fonts/licenses/GUST-FONT-LICENSE.txt (LaTeX
> Project Public License 1.3c plus a suggestion to rename the fonts when
> modifying them).

What modifications were done for this? Would it be possible to merge
those upstream?

> Changed the tarball generation script in
> http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/9160

Why are you manually creating the tarball, doesn't your build system
have the equivalent of `make distcheck` from automake?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise