Updating libalure in Debian

Hi,

I'm packaging the adventure game engine SLUDGE [1], which requires Alure 1.1 [2], for Debian. Debian currently includes Alure 1.0, so I asked the maintainer of the Alure package, Andres Mejia, if he's going to update the package. He didn't reply to my mail from four weeks ago yet, so I wonder what's the next step to do. Would somebody more experienced with libraries and packaging than me review my efforts to update the package (I didn't start doing it yet)? Or would somebody volunteer to do it by himself?

Best regards,
Tobias Hansen

[1] http://opensludge.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://kcat.strangesoft.net/alure.html