Re: Splitting large game data packages?

On Wed, 30, Mar, 2011 at 06:58:54PM +0100, Simon McVittie spoke thus..
> Hi,
> I've been considering splitting up openarena-data (currently 314MB source,
> 345MB binary) into multiple source packages. openarena would still have to
> depend on all of them (you need the complete set for network compatibility),
> but they'd be easier to fit on CDs, and I wouldn't have to upload so much data
> for each version. Does that sound good to the ftpmasters?

Having read your rationale, I don't see any problem with that at all.

Thanks for checking,

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"Well, the thing about a black hole - it's main distinguishing feature - is
 it's black. And the thing about space, your basic space colour is black. So
 how are you supposed to see them?"
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Marooned