Re: FYI: 15x 2D performance decrease in radeon driver KMS

How about the 2D performance of web browser?

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Sylvain Beucler <beuc@beuc.net> wrote:
Hi,

When testing the radeon driver we'll get in Squeeze, I noticed that a
performance regression: 2D operations are currently around 15x slower
in the now-default KMS mode (kernel-based mode-setting).

This means that all non-OpenGL games become unplayable or very choppy.

While discussing with the package maintainer, I had the unsafe
impression that they were more obsessed about enabling KMS (and
stopping non-KMS maintenance) rather than perserving performances.

I hope this will get fixed for Squeeze :/

--
Sylvain