Re: Quake 3 in game-data-packager

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:59:17 +0100
Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:

> I've tried to finish off Jon's quake3 branch of game-data-packager to
> support building a non-distributable quake3-data.deb that includes the
> pk3 files (rather than downloading them at install time), and here's
> the result:
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/smcv/game-data-packager.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/quake3
> git://git.debian.org/users/smcv/game-data-packager.git (quake3 branch)
>
> Hopefully this is useful to someone...

Excellent! I will take a look at this tonight or tomorrow and mirror it
into a g-d-p branch. Thanks! I'm not sure what ACLs are in place on the
main g-d-p repo, but if possible I'd encourage you to push to branches
there. (do you have to be a member of the team first? I will check. Are
you happy to join?)

> What's the plan for the future of the Quake 3 packages? Are they ever
> likely to enter the archive? At the moment I'm doing occasional builds
> of quake3/ioquake3 from svn for the benefit of people at the office -
> we play CTF after work sometimes :-)

I've been meaning to look at them (and possibly quake and quake2, too)
once I'd finished some other doom tasks. I think I'm pretty much done
on the doom tasks now, the only other thing hovering in my mind is
finishing rott support in g-d-p. Are you using the existing quake3
packaging efforts for your SVN builds?

--
Jon Dowland