Re: Request for information to update existing libclanlib package

Mark Page wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:49:13 -0400
> From: bdefreese@debian.org
> To: rombust@hotmail.co.uk
> CC: debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Request for information to update existing libclanlib package
>
> Mark Page wrote:
> > <snip>> >
> > > >
> > > I did the last two updates, I'll take a look at at least upgrading
> > to 1.0.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >

> > That would be great. Use the subversion ClanLib V1 found at:
> > svn://esoteric.clanlib.org/ClanLib/Development/ClanLib-1.0
> >
> Mark,
>
> Do you know of any issues with clanlib from SVN? I am having the
> following issue:
>
> /usr/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created
> `/tmp/buildd/clanlib-1.0~svn3827/debian/tmp/usr/include/ClanLib-1.0/ClanLib/Core/System/log.h'
> with `Core/System/log.h'
> make[4]: *** [install-nobase_ClanLibincludeHEADERS] Error 1
>
> I'm sure it's something stupid I'm doing but I'll be darned if I can
> figure it out.

Yes, it was a mistake in the ClanLib SVN.

"Sources/API/Makefile.am" contained a duplicate "Core/System/log.h " line

Fixed in SVN.

( It has been like that since the SVN logs started in 2006 :) )

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now <http://extras.uk.msn.com/internet-explorer-8/?ocid=T010MSN07A0716U>
Mark,

Yeah I figured that out last night, thanks. I also discovered that the Signals dir isn't in DIST_SUBDIRS in Sources/Makefile.am, so it doesn't get cleaned up properly on make distclean.

One other question, is there any reason that Examples/ uses a Makefile.in instead of Makefile.am?

Bye the way, we have some patches in Debian for adding some linking options to many of the makefiles. Would someone be interested in reviewing them?

Thanks!

Barry