Re: Request for information to update existing libclanlib package

Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
2009/9/18 Mark Page <rombust@hotmail.co.uk>:

Hi Mark,

Hi, I'm after some information to update an existing package. It is
"libclan*", maintainer "Ubuntu MOTU Developers".

It is using a very old version (0.8), that migrated into 1.0. This version
is now unsupported by the clanlib developers, but some old games still use
it.
Yes we should upgrade to clanlib1. A good reason I see is that
clanlib1 builds fine
on kFreeBSD.

Now ClanLib 2.0.4 has been released ( http://clanlib.org/examples.html ). I
need to find who (if any) are still maintaining the clanlib package
and the correct procedure of updating it.

I guess that it is not straightforward because ClanLib 2.0 is not compatible
with ClanLib 1.0 - And should be treated as a seperate package.

(I was suggested by Jon/jmtd on #debian-games to try this mailing list)
Do you know a game that need clanlib2?

Cheers

I did the last two updates, I'll take a look at at least upgrading to 1.0.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese
Debian Games Team