DebConf9 - Debian Gamest Team BoF minutes

Hello,

The Debian Games Team BoF took place today at 12:00 during DebConf 9.

Please see below the meeting minutes:

- more RFA, skip O, at least 2 months before dropping
- freeze is in 5 months - do we have goals? Apparently not
  - clean up the svn and git
- provide buggy through backports - no, seems to be not fit;
  neither volatile (unless the game depends on API)
- data.d.o - we need to find out when it will be ready
  - big binary packages - deb diff uploads (dak)
  - suggest upstream to split data in another package
    - data package must not be builddep for the game itself
- admining - more role
  - periodic ping of the admin list (6 months)
- addition request - please respond quickly (if negative),
  a one week wait means accept by default
  - user clean up (1 month) - Eddy taking care
  - use cron job on alioth
                            - clean up Uploaders (1 month) - Miriam
taking care
  - getting back in the team shouldn't be a problem
  - use cron job on alioth
- new blood? how?
  - calls in "bits from the DGT"
  - DGT get togethers
  - NewMembers page in the wiki - shouldn't get into
    techinicalities
- Debian Junior - try to categorize games by age target
  - name change - is a huge work
- make screenshots! - synaptic already has "get screenshot"
- logo - ask pixelgirl
- blends.alioth.d.o - link to junior - tool to see "all nugs
  in all adventure games"
- MY game selection algorithm - will I feel ashamed if I were
  to show it to Windows user (not necessarily a gamer)
- how do people find the manual pages? especially in GNOME or
  such enviroments
- licenses - continue pinging upstream on a game basis
  - bits from the DGT - talk to upstream about it; thank them
- keep more focus on important games
  - maybe the svn split (by prio) will probably help or fix that
- bug squashing party for the games
- sreeenshot party
- debconf - playing games party?
- FREEZE, OMG!
  - some new upstream version haven't been packaged
- oolite
  - ask/inform free desktop about this
  - poke upstream to declare
- free desktop VCS seems unmanageble