Re: RFS for gmameui (front-end for the arcade games emulator MAME)

Thanks a lot Barry for looking into it. The new packaging .dsc file is at http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/g/gmameui/gmameui_0.2.10-1.dsc

I didn't bump Debian version number, tell me if you'd rather I do so.

Barry deFreese wrote:
There are a few minor issues with gmameui.  Would you mind fixing them?

W: gmameui: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/gmameui/COPYING.gz
W: gmameui: zero-byte-file-in-doc-directory usr/share/doc/gmameui/README
W: gmameui: zero-byte-file-in-doc-directory usr/share/doc/gmameui/TODO
Fixed, my mistake. I'll see with upstream if he can remove README and TODO, or fill something in it. Upstream changelog also appeared two times, as ChangeLog.gz and changelog.gz, I deleted the former.

I: gmameui: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/gmameui.desktop:2 Encoding

I was going to tell upstream about that a while ago, but when checking freedesktop.org, specification 1.0 still uses the Encoding key, and 1.1 moved to XML. Considering upstream desktop file is translated using ln.po files, I didn't want to just replace it with a 1.1-compliant XML file. I'll see with upstream if he can move to an XML desktop file next release (he releases every 2 month or so). Unless it's really necessary of course.

W: gmameui: menu-item-creates-new-section Applications/Games /usr/share/menu/gmameui:7

My mistake, sorry. I was basing the menu file on some 6 month old model, last time I had to edit one. For the section, I only used Games since there's no subsection that really cover the program, unless you have a better idea. (menu-policy miss a Games/Arcade section, since IMHO games designed for Arcade use have pretty specific particularities, that are shared even if the games belong to different genres, like an arcade race game and an arcade reflexion game).

Loïc