Re: How about playing a game while installing Debian?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 09:53:29AM +0200, Davide Viti wrote:
> during the Extremadura meeting about g-i, we talked about the
> possibility of having the chante to play games during an installation.
> There are still some evidence of this in the wiki [1]

I still have a Tetris cdebconf plugin for the graphical installer that
works well.  One can dig the list archive to find a link to a mini-iso.

But having a Tetris as a standalone question is not something really
interesting, as what is desirable is to be able to play something
*while* the computer is working.

One idea was to add some "tabs" to the graphical installer, one with the
actual questions, another with a terminal and yet another with the
Tetris.  I also might have a proof of concept lying around on some hard
drive.

I will not continue to work on these ideas soon, so if anyone is
interested to pick that up, that's welcome. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism