Re: GNUJump (ex SDLJump) UDEB?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:25:19AM +0100, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> Hi Bas, Hi rest of pkg-games,

Hi,

> Lenny is out, so I wanted to clear some stuff from experimental into
> sid. One of this is is gnujump, which has an commented udeb in its
> debian/control.
>
> Do we want to ship that? I dont think so :)

Some history about this may be appropriate. :-)

When I first packaged gnujump (then sdljump), the primary intention was
to use it as a game which could be played during the install.  It is a
very good game for the purpose: you don't need to learn it, and it
doesn't take too long.  For this reason, I started with putting some
udeb rules in.

However, to actually make udebs, things should be coordinated with the
installer team.  Nobody ever did that, so I commented the rules out "for
the time being" (which is quite long now).

I still think it would be a good idea to provide gnujump udebs, but I
still don't have the time to organize it.  As long as nobody does that,
the commented out lines are probably just useless junk, so they can as
well be removed.  (They're untested and probably not working anyway.)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://a82-93-13-222.adsl.xs4all.nl/e-mail.html