About the pkg-games-devel list on alioth

Hello,

(Note: this message represents only my point of view; I haven't talked
with Gonéri of Miriam about this)

Lately I haven't been too active in the team as I would have liked to
be, and it seems the Lenny freeze has a paralising effect on other
people, too.

I don't how many of you know that the administrative task for the
pkg-games-devel list is done by myself, Gonéri and Miriam, but that's
what is happening now. We were all part of the "founding fathers" for
the list and we thought it was a good idea to have redundancy whenever
possible to avoid the unitary bus-factor[1].

Lately it seems that, although that factor is not 1, we seem to have
relied on everybody else to do the administrative task (I have found
many held messges in the processing queue).

Not getting any longer than it should, there are a few things I want to say:
- the spam filtring happening on that list is quite good (with the
custom rules we created) and messages hitting the special rules are
being held for moderation. Until now they were held indefinetly and I
have just changed that to 15 days, after which they are discarded. I
think this is safe enough since there are multiple ways to still catch
a good mail
- I think that we need to reconsider what to do about that list and
the commits list (which seems less spammed) and maybe bring in new
blood in the administrative team

I admit that I am really low on time and I would really like to know
that someone *is* actually doing work which needs to be done.

Thanks you  and sorry if anyone feels in anyway offended by this mail.
I hope we will solve this problem like we have for any other past
problem we encountered and solved, with grace, elegance and
efficiently.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
EddyP