Re: Quake 3 in game-data-packager

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:59:17 +0100 Simon McVittie
<smcv@debian.org> wrote:
> I've tried to finish off Jon's quake3 branch of
> game-data-packager to support building a non-distributable
> quake3-data.deb

I've finally had a look at this - looks great! I didn't have
my Q3 CD handy so I just read it for now. I hope to run it
tonight or tomorrow night.

I need to prioritise getting the rott branch merged (99% of
the way there) but I'm happy to pull your changes into the
existing 'quake3' branch atm.

Once I've merged rott I reckon it would be good to write
some lib/* code to handle downloading files from mirrors:
both quake3 and rott require this.

Oh, just for the record, most of the quake3 code was written
by someone else (can't recall who off the top of my head). I
imported the logic from a "quake3-data" package into g-d-p.
Must make sure the copyright file is correct.

> I wouldn't mind joining if that doesn't imply any
> particular responsibility for maintenance of unrelated
> games... I'm never quite sure what joining a team is meant
> to imply, tbh.

I don't think there is any such implication. Here's the
alioth "request to join" link:
<https://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=30862>

--
Jon Dowland