Re: tuxcap and atomic worm (Re: source code of "atomic worm)

2009/6/9 Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org>:

> I acknowledge that the license, while being free according with Debian
> Free Software Guidelines as far as I can see, is not compatible with
> the GPL due to an advertising clause (like BDS4 or OpenSSL licenses).
> As it does not depend on aly GPL'ed library, that is OK, but everyone,
> keep in mind that any game that links against it must not be GPL
> (unless it uses GPL with an exception clause as stuff linking against
> OpenSSL does) nor use any GPL'ed stuff. That is not a problem for the
> library itself to enter Debian, though. It is NOT incompatible with
> the LGPL, though.

GoOllie and AtomicWorm are released under a GPL license, while TuxCap
has a license which is not compatible with it. Anyway, for what I've
seen, the games are really coded in Python, and only one file,
main.cpp, really links against TuxCap. That file, a really simple one,
is not released under GPL but under a MIT-like license. I'll probably
have to check with Debian Legal but I don't see any licensing problem
regarding those games either. Any different opinion out there?

Greetings,
Miry