Re: Lintian checks

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 12:28:57PM +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   (My opinion only):

Not exactly.  It's also what the RMs ask us to do. ;-)  From [1]:
> Oh, and if you could refrain from upload new upstream versions of
> packages to "Sid", you would make all our lives easier. Some reasons:
>
> * New packages won't reach "Lenny" anyway.
> * Upload new packages to "Sid" makes it harder to get a fix into "Lenny"
>   should a new bug be found.
> * Uploading a new package makes it harder for other packages depending
>   on your package to be migrated to "Lenny".
> * You are wasting the buildd's time.

(Of course that was in october, and we (and our users) may get
impatient, but the solution to that should be helping with the release,
not making it harder...)

If you don't expect users to go through the trouble to get the package
from experimental to get this bug fixed, I'd just wait until after the
release.  But there's no need to wait with fixing, of course. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00000.html

For more information, see http://a82-93-13-222.adsl.xs4all.nl/e-mail.html