RFP: netrek-client-cow the cow client for netrek

Hi--

I'd like to request packaging for the COW client for Netrek.

Netrek is the oldest actively played Internet (TCP/IP using) game,
and has a client/server model with a large number of clients.
COW is the most actively maintained and stable Linux client.

COW is BSD licensed, except for sounds which can be omitted.

COW is already built as a .deb (available at
http://www.netrek.org/files/COW/netrek-client-cow_3.2.7-0_i386.deb )
The problematic sound files are not in that deb.
That deb installs and runs on etch and lenny.
I don't think it has been checked for stuff like installing docs where
debian wants them.

There is also a source tarball in that directory.

The maintainer is also the upstream maintainer for two other Debian
packages, I think PPTP is one of them. He's quite good at responding
to bug reports.

The game itself is a Star Trek themed space battle game
for up to 16 players per game (and 16 observers).
There is a galaxy of 40 planets populated by four races (Feds,
Klis, Roms, Orions). Two teams of 4-8 play at once.
The goal is for your team to conquer the other.
Each player captains a starship, dogfighting other ships,
and beaming armies up and down to capture planets. Arcade
action skills, strategic thinking, and teamwork and communication
are all key.

For more about the game, you can check out http://www.netrek.org

  --thanks for any assistance
  --akb