Re: Libraries only provides .a, no .so - Bullet physics engine

On 23/05/2008, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> The problem with .a only lib package is that it's not possible to know
> with which release of the lib the binary had been built.

I guess the point might have been raised while I have been switching
$HOME, but please do think about security support. Static libraries are
making security folks' work quite hard. That said, I've been thinking
about providing that for a future package of mine, but you really should
know what that implies in terms of security, and I think it'd be fair to
notify the security team about that (I'm offline right now so I can't
check whether they have a tool to track that already).

Mraw,
KiBi.