Re: Optimizing arch-independent game data (png, for example)

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
>  The thread https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev/2006-05/msg00047.html

I don't have time to read the thread but ...

>  contains some further pros and cons such as
>  "the new images " (created via OptiPNG) " would not open properly in
>  some applications such as Adobe's".

...Adobe's applications are not DFSG free and are not included in
Debian -- we don't care about it :) :) :)
People can also open them with GIMP, save them, and then open with
Adobe's apps. What's the big fuss? :)

Besides, I don't really think that binaries are meant to be the source
for modifying. It's still possible to distribute original PNGs in
.tar.gz, and to distribute optimized PNGs in .deb. Right?

--
Ivan Vučica

-- Croatia --