Re: RFC: adanaxis 1.2.4.dfsg.1-1 (FTBFS with gcc-4.3)

On 28/02/2008, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Wait... I think there is a missunderstanding. 1.2.4.dfsg.1-1 got
> allready uploaded. With all changes but yours.

Woops, looks like I didn't check rmadison's output for this package.
Yay at $SCM not providing an easy to check for tags…

> Hmm... seems, that I forgot to add an empty changelog entry after
> uploading it? Sorry. So the new package should be 1.2.4.dfsg.1-2 and
> the changelog containing only your stuff (will take a look
> tomorrow)...

Depending on the time I've got before moving (a few hours), I might
resplit the changelog entries, or continue working on other packages.

> BTW: Is there a reason to patch 1.2.4 instead of upgrading to
> 1.2.5, which seems to fix the issue, too?

1.2.5 is a totally new version to me, I'm just fixing gcc-4.3 FTBFS
bugs, and I don't want to take the responsibility a package that I
know nothing of, instead of only uploading an already-worked-on
package to which I only add a tiny patch.

Cheers,

--
Cyril BRulebois