Re: Writing get-orig-source targets to conform with policy

On Monday 18 February 2008 7:23:55 am Emmet Hikory wrote:
> Andres Mejia wrote:
> > Thanks. This was exactly what I wanted to do.
> >
> > This had me stumped for a long time but now I'm free to use whatever
> > scripting language I want and supply whatever options I want for the
> > external scripts.
>
>     Please don't.  All the packages I've seen in the Debian Games SVN
> use make as the debian/rules interpreter.  While this could also be
> any other type of script, we choose make to have a common platform,
> and all be able to contribute to the packages.

Is working with shell scripts going to be a problem? That's what I was
planning.

I find it easier to write shell scripts for the get-orig-source functionality
for some packages. Look at warsow's and ogre's get-orig-source scripts.

And before anyone mentions that they don't really follow the functionality
that's stated in policy, I already know. I do plan on fixing this.

Andres