Re: Request for Help: Attal

2008/2/11, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:

> Because they aren't used by other packages.  I can't keep up with this
> because I keep getting different answers.  If I have a lib in /usr/lib,
> isn't it also policy that I have to have a lib binary package?
> I guess I would call them shared private libs or something?  I suppose I
> could build it with static libs but the way it's packaged, I think I
> might still have the same problems.

You can have a look at this thread [1]. In Vorlon's words [2]: "if
they are not for public consumption, they should be kept in their own
subdirectory and a mechanism such as rpath, LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a
wrapper script, or dlopen()ing used instead."

Greetings,
Miry

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-policy@lists.debian.org/msg19464.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-policy@lists.debian.org/msg19466.html