Re: Interesting project

2008/9/11 Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been contacted by a member of the Eleonore Digital
> Project. In a nutshell they are organising a project where groups of
> students all over Europe work together in creating an educational
> computer game that deals with Eleanor of Aquitaine[0]. Each team is
> assigned an episode or a certain aspect of Eleonore's life and they will
> research this, draft a concept and finally create their respective part
> or episode of the game. Doing this they will only work with free
> software, namely Debian as the Operating System, OOo, Blender etc ...
> A longer (and better) description of what they want to do is below, even
> more information can be found on their project description[1] or on the
> project site itself[2].
>
> The project approached me since they are trying to expand their network
> with regard to other groups with similar objectives. They are asking if
> it would be okay if they put our logo and a link on their website, which
> I guess would kind of express that they have our "blessing" or something
> like that. I personally think that would be okay. The project seems to
> be a Good Thing[tm] and I am actually quite happy that they picked
> Debian as their operating system. I think Debian being used in a school
> project is a nice example that it is in fact not as "user-unfriendly" as
> it is often claimed to be and being associated with something like that
>  wouldn't be too bad.
>
> Opinions?

Hi,

I probably would be interested in helping with that project, if they
need any help. It sounds a very interesting project. I might be able
to move it here [1] quite easily if they want more high schools or
student groups involved.

I totally like the project and it would be nice to see the Debian logo
there, showing our support :)

[1] "here" is Asturias, North of Spain

I'm forwarding the mail to the Games Team mailing list.

Greetings,
Miry