Re: Join the games team

2008/8/28 Sylvain Beucler <beuc@beuc.net>:
> Hi,

Hi Sylvain!

> I'm currently porting a game called Dink Smallwood to GNU/Linux (and
> other SDL-supported platforms), and I'm also packaging it for
> Debian.  It's called GNU FreeDink - http://www.freedink.org/
>
> Miriam suggested that I join the Debian games team to ease the
> maintenance.

You'll be totally welcome to join the Games Team. If you have an
account in Alioth, please request to join the team group there
(pkg-games) so that we can add you :)

> I'm interested in helping with:
>
> - packaging GNU FreeDink

Cool :)

> - refreshing SDL_gfx and work with Andreas Schiffler (the author) to
>  maintain a consistent soname version (currently it varies greatly
>  among distros and source builds). I've already sent Andreas a few
>  patches for other issues.

It seems that libsdl-gfx1.2-dev is maintained by the Debian SDL
packages maintainers (pkg-sdl-maintainers).

> I'm interested in getting help with:
>
> - having my upload sponsored :)

Of course, no problem :)

> Please let me know how we can work something out!
>
> Should I go formal and start an entry at
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue ?

You might want to have a look at some of our wiki pages:
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/ToolsDiscuss

Currently we're maintaining the packages in two different
repositories, SVN and git. SVN stores just the debian/ part of the
package source, the git repository I'm not very expert on it. I don't
know which of both systems you prefer or are more proficient in.

About sponsorship of the packages, the best thing I'd recommend is to
add it in http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue and also drop a
line in the mailing list when you do it. I'll have no problem in
sponsoring it, and we also have more DDs in the team.

Greetings,
Miry