Re: Package overview package

	Hi! :)

* Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@2008.43-1.org> [2008-06-29 20:11:06 CEST]:
> I noticed the Debian Perl Group has a nice package overview page [1] and
> think it would be nice if we also use this script.  This makes updating
> the sponsoring queue [2] unnecessary, at least for packages kept in SVN.

 Like goneri pointed out, in what way do you see it benefitial to
svnbuildstat? From quick glance it looks more helpful, with the web2.0
features of bugs popup and the likes with links around, but something
deeper compared could be useful, too.

> Sadly the script does only support SVN for now, I have not looked how
> much work is required to support Git.

 Hmm, that's a pity, but propably might not be too hard to hack into it.

> If we want to use it, we should also adopt marking packages as
> unreleased in the changelog (which is helpful anyway)

 If the script requires that then it's b0rked. And I also don't consider
it helpful. It might get experimental targeted branches end up in
unstable in the end, the benefits of that are pretty low, an
"rmadison $package" or a look into the tags wether that version has been
released yet shouldn't be too hard to use.

> and *not* add an empty changelog entry after upload (--svn-noautodch).

 That's stupid likewise, what benefit should an empty changelog entry
gain anyway?

 So long! :)
Rhonda