Re: [Q] libsfml - included other libraries

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Christoph Egger
<christoph.egger@gmx.de> wrote:

> libsfml, which I am currently packaging, contains some libraries that are
> packaged separately in debian (on an first inspection I found libpng, libjpeg,
> zlib and glew).

Not-so nice :/

glew might be problematic if you need the MX-compiled version (see #474488).

Some pros/cons:

> Should I remove the packages from the tarball?

Cons, different tarball to upstream (add a get-orig-source target)
Pros, less space usage, cannot accidentally build against the embedded
ones, don't need to list extra copyrights.

> remove them through the diff,

Might be hard to do, rm -rf in debian/rules might be more effective.

Cannot accidentally build against the embedded ones if done right.

> ignore them on build

Fine if you feel like listing all the copyrights :)

Waste a bit more space in the archive.

Possibility of something breaking and accidentally compiling against
the embedded libs.

> simply leave them in?

Bad for security and duplication of bugs, please don't do this.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise