Re: Games Team now has git repository

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> NOTE: Joey Hess said that he might be willing to offer up kobodeluxe,
> which is in git. [2a]

Yes, I'd probably be willing to do kobodeluxe, or uqm. (uqm maintenance
involves some packages that are too big for the debian archive, and are
currently hosted on uqm.debian.net, so the games team would probably
want to set up some kind of games data archive before taking it on.)

BTW, you might want to look at using pristine-tar with git. Being able
to regenerate a large upstream tarball out of a git repo, with very
little extra repo overhead, and no network access, is quite handy. :-)

> 7) If we move packages from a versioning system to another, I don't
> want their history and logs to be lost. Is it possible to do so?

Yes.

> BTW, will commits to git also be reported to the commits mailing list?

Each individual git repo (I'm assuming one per package) will need to
have a post-commit hook to do that.

--
see shy jo