Re: Optimizing arch-independent game data (png, for example)

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
>  The thread https://mail.gna.org/public/wesnoth-dev/2006-05/msg00047.html

I don't have time to read the thread but ...

>  contains some further pros and cons such as
>  "the new images " (created via OptiPNG) " would not open properly in
>  some applications such as Adobe's".

...Adobe's applications are not DFSG free and are not included in
Debian -- we don't care about it :) :) :)
People can also open them with GIMP, save them, and then open with
Adobe's apps. What's the big fuss? :)

Besides, I don't really think that binaries are meant to be the source
for modifying. It's still possible to distribute original PNGs in
.tar.gz, and to distribute optimized PNGs in .deb. Right?

Ivan Vučica

-- Croatia --