Re: wiki Games/SVN has 2 places for non-free games

On Thursday 08 May 2008 12:14:53 am Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am talking about http://wiki.debian.org/Games/SVN.
>
> In segment "Scheme", it says that "Non-free packages will go to
> non-free/package/".
>
> In segment "To build", it says that "For games which should go to
> non-free, please use packages-non-free."
>
> I uploaded lure-of-the-temptress to packages-non-free/trunk/, but I
> noticed later that ode-nonfree is in non-free/packages/trunk/.
>
> I know that is my fault, but I hope new comers will not make the same
> mistake I made.
>
> I have no idea how to fix it in SVN.
> (I guess I would better not to fix it by myself).
>
> I put the orig tarball in http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/
> because wiki does not say another place for non-free tarballs.
>
> Wen-Yen Chuang (caleb)

Type 'svn help mv' to figure out what to do.

By the way, I placed packaging for contrib/non-free stuff in at packages/trunk
and nobody has said anything. I suppose it's ok since it generally is only
the debian/ directory that's in there, which should be licensed under a DFSG
compatible license anyway.

As for the tarballs, yes the wiki doesn't state another place to store
non-free package tarballs. Anyone care to mention why there's a non-free
section in the SVN but not for the tarballs?

Andres