Packaging Globulation 2

Hello. I'm the current maintainer of the game Globulation 2. We are currently in the 0.9.3 release candidate, and we are soon going to make an official release. 0.9.3, or Beta 3 as we call it, is going to be a major release, the changes from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3 have been almost exclusively bug fixes for more than a month, and we want to have packages on all major linux distributions on release day. We hope to rekindle the Globulation 2 community with this move.

We already have a Debian packager, however, he has since become lazy, almost non existent. We would like to host the glob2 beta 3 package on our website, as well as have it in the apt-get respitories. As the new maintainer, how should I go about this task? I want to get the Globulation 2 package to the widest demographic as close to release date as possible. We haven't set a release date, but its sometime within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for your help
--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.