Re: Using a script to generate orig tarball

On Jan 1, 2008 7:34 PM, Andres Mejia wrote:
> I submitted a patch for svn-buildpackage that allows for using a
> script to download and generate an orig tarball. Take a look at
> http://bugs.debian.org/458508
>
> I was wondering what anyone here might think of this.

    I'd like to advocate that this script either be the application of
the watch file, or a get-orig-source rule in debian/rules, rather than
a seprarately maintained script.  On the other hand, I like having an
orig.tar.gz available in a common location, as this make it easy to
preserve state when there is a repack (e.g. upstream is a zip file).

--
Emmet HIKORY