Re: Why quilt instead of dpatch?

On 7/6/07, Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri@rulezlan.org> wrote:
Quilt has technical advantage and is today already the most present[1]
solution in the repository. Since we are a team, I think it's important
to have to most commun tool between the different packages.

   Just from curiosity, could you expand on the technical advantages
of quilt a little?  I agree both that the transition to quilt can be
confusing, and that we should have one patch system for all 84
packages maintained by the team: if this is to be quilt, some
declaration of why it is better might be handy as a reference.

--
Emmet HIKORY