Re: Why quilt instead of dpatch?

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 21:45 -0400, Andres Mejia wrote:
> Well, it's been suggested to me by goneri and sam to use quilt over
> dpatch.

I have used dpatch for some time, and I currently prefer the "simple
patch system" of cdbs.

> So far, I've seen no reason to use quilt as they both offer the same
> functionality in regards to applying patches while building packages.

I agree that quilt and dpatch more or less offer the same functionality.

> This was rather discouraging. I much rather had spent the time fixing
> bugs assigned to the team and improving packages.

It's a pity that your attempt to learn quilt has not been fun.  I
suggest that you play some games :) and read some Dan Brown :) before
reading any quilt docs again.  My point is that you're free to choose
any packaging style for your own packages, so don't use quilt if you
feel it's a waste of your time.