Re: FretsOnFire

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:03:37PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> We would have to buy a licence from them to allow the songs to be
> redistributed, even for free-of-charge distribution. In my opinion it's
> insane, but those are the rules. So I guess the Debian package will have to
> be made so that it downloads the songs from our webserver upon installation.
> Would that work okay?

That would suck, IMHO. Besides, that would quite probably count as
redistribution too, so what do you win?

I suggest to just replace the songs with free ones. Search for some
GPL'd music, maybe from other games in Debian or so...
Or get some public domain music from archive.org or other sources.
There's tons of Creative Commons music out there, but I'm not sure that
can be packaged in Debian, I remember the current CC licenses have
problems. CC licenses >= version 3 (not yet released) might be better.

Note: I never used or played FretsOnFire, so I don't know what I'm
talking about :)

Uwe.